
Last night, I hosted the FreeDarko Macrophenomenal listening party at the Sugar Lounge, in Red Hook, Brooklyn. By all accounts, the event, which consisted of me, Nathaniel, Jesse and Jacob, talking over the Knicks-Bulls game, went off without a hitch.
Jesse (Silverbird5000) shared an epic story about how Charles Smith’s failure against the Bulls revealed to him everything he needed to know about his Jewish faith. Nathaniel (Bethlehem Shoals) waxed poetically about Mike D’Antoni’s hucksterism, and Jacob (Big Baby Belafonte), the collective's aesthetic eye, weighed in on the Association’s lack-luster marketing campaign.
I managed to get in a few zingers, too, and escaped, like the gentleman in the photo above, relatively unscathed.
Thanks to everybody who stopped by. A big round of applause for Freddy and Kerry who let us make a mess of the place. Also to Pete, the owner of the neighboring FreeBird Books and co-sponsor of the event. I really appreciate it. Red Hook really is lovely this time of year.
I managed to get in a few zingers, too, and escaped, like the gentleman in the photo above, relatively unscathed.
Thanks to everybody who stopped by. A big round of applause for Freddy and Kerry who let us make a mess of the place. Also to Pete, the owner of the neighboring FreeBird Books and co-sponsor of the event. I really appreciate it. Red Hook really is lovely this time of year.
No comments:
Post a Comment