you guys are going to hate each other on a very, very personal level if you keep this blog going.A close friend also recently told me our blog posts don’t read as if we’re having any fun, which was--and is-- the point of the entire enterprise. The two criticisms, if you could even call them that, go hand in hand. I’ve come to realize tone is tricky, and our particular type of humor, while admittedly caustic, loses some of its nuance in print. In trying to write authoritatively, we’ve inadvertently come off as more combative than he or I ever intended, splashing the waters a bit too forcefully for others who might be inclined to dip their toes.
Suffice it to say, Ben and I are not in any danger of one day taking a hatchet to each another. At least I’m not. I shouldn’t speak for him. It’s always the quiet ones, isn't it?
No comments:
Post a Comment