Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Via Chicago

I just returned from a long weekend in Chicago, quite possibly the coldest place I ever hope to visit. I ate a ton of pizza, and nearly got blown away into Lake Michigan, like a two-dollar umbrella. If you've never been, I highly recommend visiting, although I'd wait until at least mid-May for the ice to thaw and the wind to die down, which usually happens, I've been told, around the same time the oppressive humidity kicks in.  

I'm still a bit out of sorts, and hope to get readjusted to blog-time in a day or so. Despite arriving home to 12 inches of snow, spring is, thankfully, right around the corner, which means March Madness and, at last, the return of Major League Baseball. I have some interesting things planned for the blog this month and throughout the rest of the summer. In the meantime, here are three clips that I couldn't help but think about while riding the El. 

Enjoy, as always. 







No comments: