I need some good news out of Yankees land. And fast. Fortunately, Andy Pettitte is more than happy to lend a hand. The veteran lefty is reportedly coming back to the Bronx one last time in a deal that is expected to be announced later this afternoon. Pettitte's return gives the Yankees a formidable staring rotation of CC Sabathia, Chien-Ming Wang, A.J. Burnett, Joba Chamberlain and Pettitte, with Phil Hughes, Ian Kennedy and Al Aceves waiting in the wings for the occasional spot start, or if someone goes down with an injury. I'm going to go out on a limb here and call this the best rotation, 1-5, the Yankees have featured since 1999.
Monday, January 26, 2009
Doting the I's and Crossing the T, T, T, and T
All this talk about Torre's ugly divorce from the Yankees is giving me a headache. I can't make much sense of it, no matter how hard I try. Who's right? Torre or Cashman? Whose side should we take? It's impossible to know for sure, kind of like trying to choose which parent to back in a custody battle. Or so I've been told.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment