Sunday, November 9, 2008

Break Up the Knicks!

My New York Knickerbockers, god bless 'em, are finally starting to resemble an honest-to-goodness basketball team. 

After this afternoon's thumping of the previously undefeated Utah Jazz, who were without point guard Deron Williams, the Knicks are two games above .500 for the first time since 30 games into the 2005 season, nearly four years ago, at the start of Bush's second term. 

They're starting to percolate. Don't say I didn't warn you. 

2 comments:

Harris said...

The Knicks are also 4-2 for the first time since 2000. I wish I'd gone to one of the wins, instead of seeing them lose to the Bucks.
-nba gauntlet

JMW said...

Percolating is about all we can ask at this point, after the long national nightmare, and it's pretty great. Especially with the Mavs looking so horrid, it would be great if my northern (and first love) rooting interest would show signs of life (and dignity).